Monday, January 21, 2013

Progress is a good thing

Don't you just love progress? It's such a good feeling to see something that you began start to take shape, it's like fuel to the fire and helps motivate to get the job done, especially when it things turn out right, or in this case better than expected.


As stated in a previous post, I'm on a quest to replace, reupholster, or slipcover practically every piece of furniture we own.


I have four slipper chairs that I'm making covers for, two of them will go in the new sunroom addition, and the other two probably will go in the bedrooms.


I ordered this gorgeous  fabric from Lewis & Sheron Textiles to go on two of the chairs, and a broad stripe in  taupe and sand stripe from Ballard Designs for the other two. (I'm slowly working on filling the built in shelves... I obviously have a long way to go)


Originally I was not going to add a skirt, but after the 'rough draft' I decided it needed one.


I think they look 'dressier' with the pleated skirt.


This is what they looked like before...


I bought them from Overstock about 5 years ago for the lounge area in our previous home.
The upholstery is really pretty ugly and I can't believe I actually bought four of them...
Don't judge!

The lounge at our old house

Much better wouldn't you say?

Have a great week!
Lisa

I will be sharing at...








12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Much better!!! Love the pleated skirt-it is the perfect finish- xo Diana

LoisAnn said...

Oh my! Love, love, love the slipcovers! are you making them yourself? If so please share your tips! I am attempting this very soon! Could use some cheering on! Have a great day!

Lois

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Ok, I won't judge your original fabric choice :) Your new fabric and slip covers are gorgeous! Love the pleated skirts! Would love to feature them on my website...please submit!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative

Connie said...

Wow! I'm impressed. They look great and yes, the pleated skirt is wonderful.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Lisa, I love your new slipcovers! The fabric is gorgeous! Are you enjoying your new home?

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful, Lisa! I love the skirt and the fabric is fabulous. I am a new follower.
xx, Sherry

Christy James said...

Such a pretty transformation! What a difference a little fabric can make. Love the pleated finish:)

Christy

www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com

Angela Santaniello said...

Such a fantastic makeover! The fabric is just gorgeous and the pleats make it. Your room looks wonderful and I'm now following your blog. Can't wait to see what else you do!

Angela

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Just Lovely, Lisa!! You will be one of the features at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House tomorrow. Swing on by and pick up a feature button for your blog! Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Stacey said...

The new slip covers are beautiful and completely change the look of the chairs. Love them!

The Refeathered Roost said...

The fabric and slipcovers are so nice and I love the room as well! Wonderful job!
melinda

dawnineden.com said...

Holy cow, I LOVE the updated fabric. I'm so motivated to slipcover something, anything after seeing what you've achieved. Love the fabric. Great post!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate that you are taking the time to leave a comment and I hope you come back soon... Lisa